By Tim Hage on Sep 15th, 2010 at 11:06AM
EA’s official Need for Speed Twitter account posted an interesting, but vague update this morning:
“T-Mobile is giving away a FREE car in Need for Speed World! Enter the code ‘getconnected’ to get yours today: http://t-mobile.ea.com/home“
After heading to that page, you’re left a little confused as there’s no signs pointing to where you get this free car. So, how do we get it then? Follow the break and find out.
- Rather than using the one supplied by EA, go to THIS link.
- De-select Sims 3 and Skate 2 on the left and you should now see only one piece of content on the right; a T-Mobile-themed MazdaSPEED 3.
- Click “Claim Content” in the bottom right and log into your EA account when prompted by the pop-up.
- Once logged in, you will be asked for a promo code. Use the code “getconnected” and you get your free car!
- Launch Need for Speed World and head to the Car Dealer. In “Tier 1,” navigate to the MazdaSPEED 3 and change the “Style” to “EXCLUSIVE.”
- You’ll see that this particular car costs $0. Buy it (assuming you have a vacancy in your garage space).
- BONUS: If you don’t feel like being a rolling-advertisement for T-Mobile, then head over to Customization and the Vinyl Shop to remove all the T-Mobile decals for free.
This method should work for gamers outside the USA, but we cannot test this, so any international readers that try this method, report back and let us know how it went. Also, you may want to keep an eye on that T-Mobile page as it encourages players to “check back monthly as we update the available content with new unlocks and DLC.”